Project Installation Supervisor
Kernic Systems has been a leading North American provider of recycling equipment solutions since 1978. Today we serve our customers with an expanded offering of standard product and custom-engineered solutions through our three primary business divisions: Recycling Solutions, Dust Collection and Air Pollution Control, and Material Handling.
Due to continued growth and expanding business, Kernic Systems has an immediate opening for an Industrial Equipment/Machinery Installer.
Responsibilities in this role will include working as part of an installation team to install custom-engineered systems and equipment at our customer’s facilities.
This includes the installation of air/extraction systems, dust collection systems and recycling equipment (balers, shredders etc.)
- Safe and Efficient Approach
- Time Management
- Creative and Innovative Thinking
- Development and Continual Learning
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
- Team Work
- Follow priorities and directions as established by the Project Installation Supervisor
- Take job site measurements using tape measure, square, level and plumb bob
- Cut and drill work-pieces using drills, saws and other similar hand or power tools
- Prepare sketches and diagrams; estimates material requirements for specific jobs
- Keep minor records and performs simple administrative tasks
- Meet all internal & customer quality requirements
- Work safely & efficiently
- Maintain a clean work area, & alert Supervisor of any safety concerns
- Perform related duties as required
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Ability to work safety at heights
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of supervision
- Experience with industrial machinery rigging and installation will be an asset
- Experience in sheet metal work will be an asset
- Ability to assess the occupational hazards and safety precautions that exist.
- Ability to maintain simple records
- Skill in the use and care of a variety of basic hand and power tools and equipment
- Forklift, Aerial Platform, Working at Heights certfications will be an asset.
- Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- Frequent travel to off-site locations in Canada and USA
- Physical ability for lifting and supporting heavy loads
- Use of safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Overtime as required
- Hazards associated with the trade
- Work both indoors and outdoors
$22.00 – $28.00/hr depending on qualifications, with additional premiums for out of town travel and overtime.
Kernic Systems Inc. offers competitive wage packages and benefits, a positive work environment, and career advancement opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time